What Makes Us Different From Other Massage Clinics?
Unlocking The Body Massage & Float Therapy:
- We offer many modalities of Massage Therapy to meet the needs of many bodies. Our staff have received extensive training in their niche style.
- We NEVER require you to sign up for ANY contracts or automatic deductions from your checking account.
- We are open 6 days per week with many appointment time options for your convenience.
- Our multiple, diverse practitioners have years of experience under their belt and go through a strict training and continuing education to make sure they can deal with even the most complex of issues, still at an affordable price. Each Therapist has a specialty and specific passion in the field Read their bios to learn more!
- We focus on what is best for you as an individual and do not force our Therapists to be sales people. We only recommend what we feel is in our best interest and not what is best on our paycheck!
- You are supporting a local female owned business which has a vested interest in caring for employees of UTB, Patients of the Clinic, and those in the community.
Want to Make Sure You Have A Similar Treatment Mindset With Your Provider?
Our staff has a wide background of modalities and advanced training. Click below to find which is right for you.
- Most Chain Businesses give you a great deal the first time (usually around $70-90) but this only applies to the first time you get a massage there.
- Employees push a contract massage deal where you have a monthly fee (around $90-$100) taken out of your checking account directly for a period of time (usually 6-12 months) regardless of if you even get a massage there that month.
- They focus on upselling and meeting sales quotas. Selling "memberships" and products adds to their paychecks.
- The majority of employees at these clinics are directly out of massage school, which is a great opportunity just out of school, but typically you will receive a massage from a more inexperienced Provider. They also pay their Employees about 60% less than our Therapists make per massage session.
- You are unable to use your Insurance benefits, Car Accident benefits, or Work Injury Claim at these locations. They accept cash only with monthly subscriptions.
- Only basic Swedish relaxation massage and traditional deep tissue are usually what you will find from theses locations, if they offer additional modalities typically the training is from corporate and is very minimal.
Other Local Massage Businesses
- They are usually very experienced Practitioners that have been in the field for a solid amount of time.
- You can find a number of specialized Providers who have found a niche within bodywork and are great at their specialized passion in Massage Therapy.
- You are helping small business in your local community and that is always great!
- The majority are not contracted with insurance companies.
- They may not be as up to date with insurance, prescription, pre-authorization, and chart noting requirements and you may risk having your claims denied due to lack of proper protocol followed by your practitioner.
- Some do not submit billing for you. They will have you pay cash upfront and provide you with paperwork to try and get reimbursed on your own.
- Their hours may be very limited and restricted and it may take a few days, if not weeks to get in to see them.
Foot Massage Parlors
- Most don't have Licensed Massage Therapists that work there, yet still advertise for "body massages".
- They advertise for services of Reflexology, which the state limits to the feet, hands, and ears.
- To perform reflexology in this state you do not need to have a Massage License. The training received for this type of work is very minimal.
- As you have seen on TV, there have been police raids for prostitution. Many times these places are fronts for illegal activity.
- Several in Pierce County alone have been exposed or investigated as human trafficking.